1 whole Large zucchini
1/2 cup (to 3/4 cup) breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
2 whole eggs
Salt (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
- Wash zucchini and chop off the stem end. Shred it using the large holes of a cheese grater. Squeeze the shredded zucchini inside a large clean towel until you've removed as much liquid as possible.
- Place shredded zucchini in a medium sized bowl. Add garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, eggs, salt and pepper. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- Heat oil oil to medium heat, when oil is hot drop a spoonful of zucchini mixture into skill and flatten it a bit with spoon.
- After about 2 minutes, turn the cakes over (should be golden brown) and cook on other side for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice or top with a little more shredded cheese.
(I did not use minced garlic as I had seasoned breadcrumbs, so if you use seasoned breadcrumbs you can omit minced garlic and they're just as tasty!)