Welcome

The Peckish Moon is a virtual recipe box! A place to store all the recipes I have created. I hope you enjoy them and if you make any of them please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Homemade Alfredo Sauce

Fed up with store bought sauces? ME TOO!  I have been buying sauces instead of making my own, thinking it was too difficult and time consuming. So last week I decided to make my own Alfredo sauce for the first time, and it turned out perfect, if I do say so myself. It is rich, creamy and to die for delicious. And it only took about 10 minutes to make.



Directions:

1/2 cup butter
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz grated Parmesan
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring until smooth.
3. Add milk a little at a time, smoothing out the lumps.
4. Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
5. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency, sauce will thicken.
6. Serve over your noodle of choice. (Add cooked chicken if desired for a tasty chicken fettuccine Alfredo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment