Welcome

The Peckish Moon is a virtual recipe box! A place to store all the recipes I have created. I hope you enjoy them and if you make any of them please leave a comment and tell me what you think!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Cold Weather Chowder

As we find ourselves turning up the heat and breaking out the fuzzy pajama pants; I recently decided to make potato soup, only to find that I had only 2 big potatoes left. So I improvised on some of the ingredients and ended up creating this delicious meat-free chowder.



2 medium sized potatoes (2 cups) diced
1 cup diced carrots
2 cups (1 can) sweet corn
3 medium sized mushrooms sliced
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Cornstarch

Directions:
1. In medium saucepan cover and simmer potatoes, carrots, salt, pepper and water for 15 minutes.
2. Add corn & mushrooms and simmer for another 10 minutes.
3. Add milk, stirring until heated. DO NOT BOIL!
4. Stir in cornstarch a little at a time until you reach desired thickness.
5. Serve hot with your favorite bread or crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment